A converted sponge factory just a few steps from the harbour, with cool, high-windowed rooms and a lovely pool.
- The courtyard swimming pool is the only one on the island. Its sun-loungers and pergola are the perfect spot for a lazy afternoon
- Stone and wood dominate the 25 rooms and suites – this is, after all, a former warehouse. Plusher textiles and colour splashes are thoughtfully spread through the building, the ceiling of the Grand Virani Suite is bordered by gilded and hand-painted friezes
- The hotel is a perfect hideaway for couples, but very family friendly too. Some of the rooms accommodate three to five, in particular the Lafina family room and the Lafina suite.
- You can dine by the pool or, when it’s cooler inside, in the pretty dining room. Tapas is the new gastronomic concept, but the traditional Greek and Mediterranean cuisine is just as good
- The hotel lobby doubles as art gallery. Artist and curator Dimitrios Antonitsis of the Hydra School Projects takes care of the space and selects different up-and-coming artists and their works