A fairy tale castle from the Middle Ages, converted into a 10-bedroom hideaway with mosaic floors and frescoed vaults, in the historic center of Nardò
- Surrounded by Baroque buildings and churches, Monastero Santa Teresa has been brought back to life with a stunning renovation
- The suites – all conversions of the unusual spaces that the medival monastry provides – are full of character. Come for high vaulted ceilings, original floors in parquet and mosaic, balconies overlooking historic Nardò and lots of space.
- Some suites measure up to 60 square meters and have huge private terraces with extraordinary views – over the town and even across to the sea.
- The 10 bedrooms have been accessorised with wooden furniture in creamy neutral colours. The ambience is light and airy, everything is arranged with a pared-down simplicity.
- Monastero Santa Teresa is a remarkable place to stay in Nardò. It is utterly beautiful, impossibly romantic and still basically unknown